Saturday, August 31, 2013

[Birthday Bash] Shake It, Shake it...

Dear Birthday Bash fans! We are coming to an end with our last Guest Designer. Funny enough we are almost doing a full circle with this last Birthday Bash post. Remember, Danielle's favorite party music?



Yep - we pretty much "Shake[d] it, Shake[d] it...Like a Polaroid Picture" over here all month and I hope you had fun partying with us. Now keep this song in mind while you read our last guest post and you will know what I mean with coming around "full-circle." 

Before we close out this party, I wanted to revisit a few comments from Day 2.

Birthday Q&A
Many of you had very broad requests for inspiration - really anything. Or to show off as many styles as possible

Happy birth/day/month! I'm hoping to see your stamps used on as many different styles of cards as possible :)
Happy Birthday! Hoping to see lovely inspiration from your DT:)
Anything really.... I seem to always be inspired by not only Neat and Tangled but Little Tangles too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) :) :)
Celebration. That is what theme came to mind first
How fun! I'm hoping for lots of inspiration to get creative!
CELEBRATIONS!!!!! Shared fun & inspiration :)
I just want to come to take part in the fun! Happy birthday N&T~!

I hope we met your expectations and that you have now many days of inspiration to look back on. If you have other requests or questions, please do not hesitate to drop us a line! 

One reader in particular mentioned her take a struggles with a shaker card, and we have two during our Birthday Bash to show you. 

I'm loving the N & T sequins so would love to see more ideas on how to use them. I struggled my way through a shaker card the other day and it just didn't turn out the way I'd hoped

The Super Shaker Cupcake card by Betty has a lovely video with many great steps outlined. And last, but certainly not least, our very last Birthday Bash Guest Post has another great shaker card tutorial. Heather Ruwe has the cutest designs, and here is just an example why we want her back anytime! Take it away, girl...

I was super excited to be invited to share a project for the birthday bash! I decided to go with the birthday bash theme and create a shaker card...


I wanted to do a longer card to accommodate my shaker banner. My card base was cut from white card stock and the measurements are 7.25 x 3.75. I thought I would do a photo tutorial to show you how I created the shaker banner on my card...





After the shaker card is assembled, I started on the background....


After the embossed piece was stamped, I adhered a piece of black card stock behind it to give it some definition and adhered it to the card base. Then I attached a piece of patterned paper in the center of the card and adhered the shaker banner on top. A closer look at the banner shaker...


One more thing, I found the craft foam at my local craft store. They also sell adhesive backed foam sheets! Here is a peek at it...


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to create a fun and festive card for any occasion! Happy Birthday Neat and Tangled! :)

Hugs,
Heather Ruwe

Heather you really helped us go out with a bang with this amaze-balls tutorial. It's really very awesome. My only wish would have been so see you "shake it, shake it...like a polaroid picture." ;)

Now, because it would be tragic to let all 31 days of inspiration go to waste, we're going to have one last huzzah - a fun competition with perks and prizes, a Winner and a Top Three spots. If it sounded like a lot, it is a lot (granted, I don't come close to the "Win it All" Blog Hop prize, but I would like to think I can get you excited.)

Birthday Bash C.A.S.E Challenge
  • Create a New project by CASE-ing any of the Birthday Bash inspirations that the guest designers have done. You may also CASE a Designer from our Challenge #19 Eat Cake Blog Hop
  • You must link back to this challenge and also mention which designer on which day from the Birthday Bash you're CASE-ing. That way we can see who you are CASE-ing
  • Grab our Birthday Bash Banner so that we can spot you easily
  • Link up your post below
  • The link is open until Sept 30, 11:55p Eastern Time; yep I am giving you an entire month to CASE as many designs as you want
  • We will award
    • 1 - Guest Design Spot
    • 3 - $5 gift certificates to the Top Three
    • 1 - Sketchy Cupcake stamp set to a random draw
    • Perks to everyone that enter (I will go think of a good one for you)
When we announce the winners for our CASE challenge, I will also be putting together a fun summary of statistics and shout-out on the blog. So look out for a special blog post in October!

Challenge Reminders
Technique Challenge - ends Sept 4; Guest Designer Spot
Challenge #19 Eat Cake - ends Sept 1; free stamp set

Loads of Little Prizes and Perks, right? We want to go out with a bang and here is hoping you will help us...'cause that's how we roll...! So we hope you will link up and link up lots. 


9 comments:

  1. Been a FABULOUS month of celebration & inspiration - with another month in CASE we hadn't yet had enough partying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super FUN!!!!

    Heather, Thanks for the shaker tut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU for a fabulous month of celebration, inspiration, learning, creativity, the works - and especially THANK YOU for carrying the party into September! Heather, your shaker card and tutorial = awesome! Creating on of my own, now that I have N&T sequins (yayyy!) - is a 'must do.' To everyone - Ren-yi and Danielle, all the guests, all the challenge entrants - you've inspired immensely and delighted thoroughly! Looking forward to CASE-ing!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shaker card is so much fun Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shaker cards and you made a great one! Thanks to everyone at N&T for such a fun month!!

    ReplyDelete