Sunday, November 10, 2013

Caring Hearts Card Drive!

Hi everyone! Vera’s here today from Ling’s Design Studio

I am thrilled to be here today as I am teaming up with Little Tangles to promote Caring Hearts Card Drive



I started Caring Hearts Card Drive 4 years ago after my mom who is always so thoughtful of others suggested that I should send out Christmas cards to nursing homes. I am a good kid, so I listen to my mom. 

The holidays are about family, about kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly who live in nursing homes would really feel the loneliness or missing their family.  And, wouldn't it be awesome if through our little hobby we could bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten!

For our 4th year, I am doing this card drive together with Jennifer McGuire, Tina Schrof & Anita Recksiedler and we really hope that we can reach out to even more nursing homes than last year.

This card drive has grown so much and it all thanks to the support of the people in this paper crafting community, including the many fabulous and generous companies who help support our card drive by sponsoring prizes. One of the generous companies is Neat & Tangled and I am very grateful for their support.

I hope many of you will join in and send us one or two or fifty (there’s no limit) of your handmade holiday cards. 

Here’s one of the cards I made inspired by the Little Tangles shaped card challenge:


Isn't Vera's shaped card absolutely adorable?

We hope that you join in the fun!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this card!! Vera and gang....thanks for ALL that y'all are doing!! Y'all truly ROCK!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card for a wonderful cause, Vera! How proud your mom must be that you listened to her! My mom volunteers at a nursing home (she's being doing so for over 35 years!), and this year, I'm making cards for the residents there. Excited...makes me feel awesome!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. A snowglobe shape card is a wonderful idea. Great job on your card.

    ReplyDelete