Tuesday, August 27, 2013

[Birthday Bash] Celebrating a Birthday - the Manly Way

Hi there! I can count how many more posts I'm writing and putting together. And it is a little bitter sweet, but when I see the calendar, we have loads of stuff lined up for you guys. So I hope you're just as excited about this week as you were the first week.

Sneak Peek No. 2
September Neat & Tangled will be on Sept 9 - Sept 13. Can you guess what this one is all about? ;)


Whatever it is, anything magical has to be great! Can't wait to see this full reveal...

Birthday Q&A
Happy birthday!! I would love to see some AMAZING inspiration on making masculine birthday cards! I sometimes struggle with those!
Here is another question that we all struggle a little bit with. Because it is just too easy to gravitate to that glitter, or that fabulous (oh so adorable) pattern paper that may be just a little too girly, or tie a bow to that fabulous card. So today I put the fabulous and talented Design Team member Charlene up to the test by giving her Jessica's question. Here is what she whipped up...(and oh my it's lovely)...


Hello Neat and Tangled Friends!  It's Charlene here with you today.  I am super excited to share a couple of cards that I whipped up to celebrate Neat and Tangled's first birthday. But, first and foremost I want to give a shout-out to Danielle and Ren-Yi for putting a fabulous party on the blog.  Ladies, I am blown away!

My assignment:  Masculine Card.  Yikes!  I almost hit the panic button :) but instead I came up with 2 cards.  


For my first card, I created a tone on tone card that is masculine and CAS.  The inspiration came from Challenge 17, Into The Woods AND from my super talented teamie, Amy!  I stamped A Lot To Say on cork and filled it with the fun cupcake from Sketchy Cupcakes, colored it Copic markers, then adhered it on a white woodgrain card stock.  The sentiment is heat embossed in white and popped up with foam dots.  


For my second card, I wanted to use some of my pattern papers.  My teamies and I had a conversation about using up pp.  So here it goes, a card utilizing 2 different prints!  I stamped the frame from Swirly Twirly Tags onto a gray cardstock, filled it with a sentiment from Across the Card (same as the above card), then finished it off with some embellies.    

Stamps by Neat and Tangled
A Lot To Say
Across The Card
Swirly Twirly Tags

Thank you for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

Hugs,
Charlene

Charlene, you're a genius! Really. And I think it's so amazing that the Design Team looks to one another as inspiration. I love your smart genuis idea of using more robust textures, like woodgrain & cork; or how you chose lovely manly colors like gray and blues. You also fooled me real good with "Across the Card" - they remind me like those manual label makers ;) 

Day 15 - Eat Cake Blog Hop Winner
So if you know our format, you know this is where the winner section comes up. We had a Blog Hop for Challenge #19 and teamed up with some lovely ladies for a great showcase of inspiration. Ready?

For $5 Gift Certificate, from the Little Tangles blog


For the second $5 Gift Certificate, from Laurie Willison's blog


And ::drum roll:: 

For the Win It All prize, from the Neat & Tangled Blog


Wow - that was a lot of excitement right there. Congrats ladies! Please contact me at neatandtangledstamps(at)gmail.com with the subject line "Little Tangles Blog Hop Winner"  and I will send out instructions how to claim your prize. 

@Crafty Math Chick - you have no excuses not to play in every Little Tangles challenge from now on ;) We expect great things of you... just kiddin' but it would be great to see what you create with your mountain of Neat & Tangled goodness.

Challenge Reminders
Technique Challenge - ends Sept 4; Guest Designer Spot
Challenge #19 Eat Cake - ends Sept 1; free stamp set
Project Life Challenge - ends Aug 28; $5 gift certificate

I hope you gals had a lot of fun on the blog hop and had a healthy dose of inspiration. I'm still personally recuperating. I will be back with another challenge, so keep soaking up all the inspirations. 'Til tomorrow...

15 comments:

  1. Think I'll go eat cake... today was my lucky day. Thanks for a fun hop ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow totally love the sneak peek.. can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards Charlene:)
    Woot woot to the winners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards ladies! Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this question and Charlene's answers in the form of cards- they are spot on. Congrats to the winners too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous masculine cards! Congrats to the winners! And the sneak peeks are looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great masculine cards!! Congratulations to the winners!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all of the winners. A special congrats to Nikki...she really is a sequin-a-halic! Thanks for the fun hop.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention what a wonderful job on the manly cards. The wood embossing and cork is great.

      Delete
  10. Oh my GOSH! I am so shocked and speechless! WOW! I can't believe it.... THANK YOU!!! And congrats again on such a successful year! May it merely be the first of many, many more to come!
    ~ Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!!! I won :) Thanks sooooooooooooo much!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS to all :) :) :)
    FABULOUS masculine inspiration today & can't wait to see what other magic you have up your sleeve ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fabulous post - and congrats to the winners! Looking forward to seeing what they create in the days to come! The masculine cupcake card - soooo 'handsome and striking'! LOVE it! Thanks again for the day-brightening celebration!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fabulous post - and congrats to the winners! Looking forward to seeing what they create in the days to come! The masculine cupcake card - soooo 'handsome and striking'! LOVE it! Thanks again for the day-brightening celebration!!
    c

    ReplyDelete