Friday, August 30, 2013

[Birthday Bash] Creative Birthdays - the Un-birthday Way

Hello everyone. I can't believe we have made it to Day 30. Just one more day, eh? So let's get right down to business...

Sneak Peek No. 5
September Neat & Tangled will be on Sept 9 - Sept 13. Can you guess what this one is all about? ;)



Well, I think this little set will come in quite handy in preparation for the holiday season...what do you think?

Birthday Q&A 
Our tough readers really know what they are looking for. Here is one that we addressed a little already along the way with this awesome inspiration by Jessica Pascarella or our Un-birthday Birthday challenge, which a bunch of you gals really knocked out of the park.

Happy birthday! I would love to see sets not normally associated with birthdays used for the birthday celebration - I love to see versatility!
I realized I don't have any of your birthday sentiments ... but still want to be inspired on how to make birthday cards with the stamps I do have.

But I gave this one to Design Team June to puzzle out and she created some lovely things and has a bunch of helpful tips along the way. So off you go to see what talented June has up her sleeve.


Hello, this is June Houck celebrating with you today!

  We are wrapping up (birthday humor) the month long celebration and giveaways to celebrate Neat and Tangled's first birthday.   Today, August 30th, is my mom's birthday, how appropriate is that?

  Ren-Yi has been hard at work addressing all of your inspiration requests, like this comment from my friend Stef:

I realized I don't have any of your birthday sentiments ... but still want to be inspired on how to make birthday cards with the stamps I do have.

  I know the lovely Stef has this "Just Hello" set, so I used the "what's up?" sentiment from "Just Hello" along with some Neat and Tangled "Birthday Bash Sequin Assortment" and "Little Tangles" as my balloon strings:


 and the other using Thickers:


Just Hello
Little Tangles

 Thanks for stopping by!  I'd like to see you use your non-birthday stamps to create a birthday card...and don't forget our current challenge:  Challenge #19 Eat Cake - ends Sept 1; free stamp set up for grabs.

Oh this is just perfect June! The key is really to look at what you have and make it all work with festive colors, birthday related objects, or put a sentiment together using Thickers or stickers! Both really are amazing! Thanks for sharing your ideas...

Day 28 "Guess Who" Winners!

Congrats are in order to Piali & Katie!  They successfully guessed that Jennifer McGuire was our Day 29 Guestie! You know the drill! Please contact me at neatandtangledstamps(at)gmail.com with the subject line "Day 28 Prize Winner" and I will send out instructions how to claim your free bag of sequins.

Challenge Reminders
Technique Challenge - ends Sept 4; Guest Designer Spot
Challenge #19 Eat Cake - ends Sept 1; free stamp set

We only have one more last Birthday Bash post tomorrow. I'm almost getting emotional that our Birthday-month is almost over! I hope you have had a lot of inspiration along the way and there are a few challenges still to enter. 

Stay tuned for our last Guest Designer and for a fun challenge that you want to take part in. See you then.

7 comments:

  1. another cute sneak peek.. congrats to the winners and love those cards..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sneak peek...love the sequins balloons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sneak peeks have amped up my excitement for the new release. Great questions addressed this post, and June, your cards in response are FABULOUS! Thank you for all the inspiration! Amazing celebration!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way your incorporated your non-birthday stamps, June!! So fun! ~hugs, saundra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Great cards by June using un-birthday sentiments! Fab, Fab and so excited about the sequins, squeal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome June!! I love the sequined balloons!!!

    ReplyDelete