Saturday, August 24, 2013

[Birthday Bash] A Surprise Gift Bag

Happy Saturday Neat & Tangled fans! I've decided that the perfect music to listen to on Pandora while working on these blog post is Zee Avi. It's the perfect balance of sweet, light and catchy. It's a perfect pairing to Neat & Tangled goodness.

My public service announcement today is that our blog hop commenting ends today. And if you haven't, then you better drop everything (short of crying babies) and go here. Because this is at stake...


My 2nd public service announcement today is that you still can enter the Party Favor challenge. Once upon a time I made party favors 20 minutes before the guest arrived. Ahem. So..."In the words of my uncle, I say unto you...Allez Crafting." (Someone hopefully got that reference?)

Eat Cake Challenge #19 Hints

Tenia made an awesome card using "On The Strip" and "My Heart Sings" to make candles for her card. What about using "On the Strip 2" or that pole from "Santa's Notes"?


I know you can make it work ;) Today we have a special guest hailing from Sweden. Inspirations are coming in two days in a row from Europe. Aren't we just so lucky? I know Lisa from another DT gig, and I knew her style and Danielle's design would be match made in heaven. Keep reading on to see what I mean...


Hi, it's Lisa here from Myrans bo! I was so happy when Ren-Yi asked me to be a part of the 1st birthday celebration here at Neat & Tangled. It's been a great party so far!

When I think of parties and birthdays, I think of cake :) And a while ago I heard of this thing called 'surprise cake' and it's such a fab idea for a birthday cake! Basically, it's just like any other cake on the outside, except when you cut in to it you find something you didn't expect! I would have loved to make lots of different cakes to show you all the endless ideas but it probably would have ended with me eating all of them so I decided to show you some inspirational photos instead ;)






Now I really feel like baking some cake! But instead I decided to make a surprise card instead.  


On the outside it just looks like an ordinary small little gift bag BUT...



... when you open it there is a little cake for the birthday boy/girl :) Isn't it cute?!
Once again, a huge thank you to Neat & Tangled for letting me join the fun. Happy birthday girls!!!

Holy moly, Batman. Well, with Batman I mean Lisa. You brought a fun little surprise, and the first pop-up card to the mix. I'm so lucky to know you and I knew you and Neat & Tangled would be a perfect fit. Your lovely style and these wonderful designs from Danielle are a match in heaven! We are at Day 24, and I've learned that I haven't seen it all! I'm the lucky one, since I see the creations way in advance before you... ;)

So what are you up to this weekend? In case you need a few inspirations...

Challenge Reminders
Challenge #19 Eat Cake - ends Sept 1; free stamp set
Project Life Challenge - ends Aug 28; $5 gift certificate
Party Favor Challenge - ends Aug 24; $5 gift certificate
Technique Challenge - ends Sept 4; Guest Designer Spot

Have a splendid weekend!

16 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card - I may have to CASE that......

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an awesome card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, now how fun is this?! so creative and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I love it!! ~hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most awesome card ever!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute bag and card.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool cake bag!!!! LOVE it Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love different cards and this is very cute. I don't know where you found directions to make this type and how it works, but it is awesome. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for all your kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Allez Crafting" - too clever (love Iron Chef!)! Amazing inspiration here, from the photos of the cakes (want a slice or two of every one!), to the darling surprise card! Sooooo sweet! Another day brightened by this celebration! THANK YOU!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”. gifts for her

    ReplyDelete