Thursday, August 29, 2013

[Birthday Bash] Loads of Happy...

Hello everyone. Any guesses on the guest designer for today? It's on my bucket list to meet this amazing woman... just sayin'....

Sneak Peek No. 4
September Neat & Tangled will be on Sept 9 - Sept 13. Can you guess what this one is all about? ;)


Well, whatever it is, any girl can use Sparkle and Shine! I'm loving it! 

So onto our guest designers! I was getting into the car earlier this week and scanning radio stations, when ABBA's "Dancing Queen" was on. And this guest designer's name popped into my head, which resulted in me singing the rest of the song with the lyrics "Stamping Queen" ;) This woman is one of the sweetest, nicest, kindest & humble women I know in this stamping industry. And she is a chockful of inspiration. So we're super psyched to have the lovely Jennifer McGuire on our small little blog-o here. (i'm still pinching myself that she said yes ;)


Hello! It's Jennifer McGuire here and I am so excited to help Neat & Tangled celebrate their big birthday!

Danielle is one of the sweetest gals in the industry. In fact, she is so lovely that I am trying to talk her into buying the house across the street from me even though she currently lives several states away! Ha! 

I also like to use Neat and Tangled stamps because they are high quality, so they stamp wonderfully every time.

And one more reason I love their stamps? They are classy yet fun graphic designs - right on trend. I used one of my favorite sets today for a bit of overlapped stamping.


I started at the bottom by stamping three circles in pink. I then stamped right above it - overlapping a bit - with yellow ink. I love that the overlapped area makes orange! I continued until the card was covered. Easy to do... and they just magically fit on a card front perfectly.


The punched the little stars from black cardstock and added shimmer with my Wink of Stella pen and some shine with Glossy Accents. 

Thanks for stopping by and thanks again to Neat & Tangled and Little Tangles for having me! I am proud of you and your success, Danielle! XO

Jennifer


Supplies:
Hero Arts Shadow Inks: Bubble Gum, Butter Bar, Green Hills, Tide Pool, Cornflower
Hero Arts Black Dye Ink
EK Success Starry Night Border Punch
Neenah White Cardstock
Neat and Tangled Everyday Circles
Corner Chomper
Glossy Accents
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen


Wow, wow, wow. I'm always amazed about the simplicity, yet the amazing visual impact your techniques have! I just adore the mix of colors from the overlap stamping. A huge thank you to Jennifer McGuire for taking the time out of her very busy schedule to whip something up for us and helping us celebrate Neat & Tangled's milestone! 

While I go admire that card somemore, here are a few challenges where you can practice your overlap stamping :)

Challenge Reminders
Technique Challenge - ends Sept 4; Guest Designer Spot
Challenge #19 Eat Cake - ends Sept 1; free stamp set

I'm almost getting emotional that our Birthday-month is almost over! I hope you have had a lot of inspiration along the way and there are a few challenges still to enter. 

Stay tuned for our last Guest Designer and for a fun challenge that you want to take part in. See you then.

10 comments:

  1. Love this card! It's so simple yet fun! ~hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous post Ren-Yi! Think I'll be singing "Stamping Queen" for the rest of the day. ;) Love teh peak of that stamp, on my list to buy already! Jennifer totaly rocked that card and I agree about her having huge visual impact, super fab! I guessed right about her too, but I guess I kinda knew already... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABulous guest spot from Jennifer!!!! Can't believe this month flew by so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Overlapping the colors is a great idea! It looks so much more interesting.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a FUN happy and exciting card!! love those overlapping circles!!!
    and the sneak peak is so exciting!!! i'm dying to see the full reveals! guess i'll just keep waiting and singing stamping queen in my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been back and forth to this post alllll day, trying to find words to express how amazing it is! Delightful sneak peeks, FABULOUS guest designer - Jennifer takes creativity to a whole new level (if she has any to spare, I'll happily take it!!); and her Happy X Happy b-day card is utterly eye-catching, smile-making and day-brightening. LOVE what you shared today (and every day)! You sure you don't want to carry this into September..please?
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh, love what you've done with Everyday Circles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card- great use of the stamp!

    ReplyDelete