Monday, August 12, 2013

[Birthday Bash] Endless Birthday Inspirations

Hello hello. We are approaching the half way mark of our Birthday Bash over here. Time flies! We are revealing our first winner of our many challenges, so stick around, or jump right ahead. But be warned, you don't want to miss our next Guest Designer.

Birthday Q&A
Another reader's questions came through on Day 2, that I would like to address today


Happy Birthday. I would like to see projects combining new and older sets.
Our GDT's first card illustrates the perfect mix of old and new sets. Let me introduce Joyce by telling you she will knock your socks off. Not just here but also on her blog. I was putting together this post and checking that the link back to her blog works (just to be safe)....only to find that I have lost 30mins somewhere, on Joyce's blog. So don't take my word for it...read on.


Hi there, Joyce here from Cards-by-the-Sea.  I am so happy to be here at Little Tangles, helping celebrate the first birthday of Neat & Tangled Stamps.  I've made a couple of festive birthday cards for you, using my Neat & Tangled stamps.

First up is a card that uses Alot to Say, Across the Card, Ink Splats and Everyday Circles, as well as Neat & Tangled sequins.  Those stamp sets just work so perfectly well together.  And, of course everything looks better with sequins, right?


I'm a CAS kind of gal, and I just love stamps that work well for one layer cards.  I used Everyday Circles for this simple card.


Here is a card using Across the Card.


A coordinating pillow box will hold a small gift or a gift card.  I die cut a pillow box out of ordinary white card stock, stamped a random pattern of overlapping Happy circles from Everyday Circles, then stamped a belly band with the Happy Birthday stamp from Across the Card.



Bonus--if you are lucky enough to receive any gifts on your birthday, you will need a thank you card.  Here is a thank you card made with Everyday Circles.


It wouldn't be a party without refreshments, so before you leave, I would like to offer you a Chocolate Chip Salted Caramel Cookie Bar from Two Peas & Their Pod.   This is my #1 most requested cookie.  They are super easy to make, and I am asked for the recipe every time I serve them or bring them to a party.


Geez, Joyce, you sure know how to create lovely gift sets and make beautiful cards. You are really amazing. I love how you jam-packed so many sets together in one card design and making it look au naturale. Or your attention to details by distressing your card stock with an impression plate! It gives it that little extra awesomeness.

Don't forget to give us your input on what sentiments or phrases you would like to see here at this comment thread. I will pick a random winner to receive a Little Tangles Prize. How about this Dreams stamp set? Yea - I knew you would like it. For the rest of you I will award three Little Tangles Perks to the store. How about a "Buy 3 sets and receive a 4x6 stamp set free"? I will leave this one open until August 16. So head over there!

"Party Music Challenge" Winner
Congratulations to Angela Lemmons for bringing Usher to the party. Please contact me at neatandtangledstamps(at)gmail.com with the subject line "Party Music Challenge Prize Winner." You win a free pack of sequins

Challenge Reminders
Party Favor Challenge - ends Aug 24; $5 gift certificate
The Un-birthday Birthday Challenge - ends Aug 20; Guest Designer Spot
Potluck Party Challenge - ends Aug 18; $5 gift certificate

See you tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post to make this Monday morning fabulous! Joyce's creations using old+new stamps showcases the versatility of N & T perfectly! Love them all! And the cookie bar photo has me reaching into my laptop screen to sample one (6:30am is a good time to eat cookies, right?). Excellent inspiration once more! Loving this birthmonth!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see Joyce guest designing for you-- she's awesome!
    A sentiment that I'd love to see designed: "It's a good day to have a good day."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot Joyce, no you would never be disappointed to check out her amazing designs and her awesome creativity. A sentiment I would love to see: "Sending you a whole lot of happy!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some gorgeous eye candy today! I'd love a 'hip hip hooray' sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards for sure! But stop it with the brownies with salted carmel, I can't even concentrate now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome projects and what a yummy treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce, you're totally rockin' the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous projects - love the overlapping circles of happy. Joyce has a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome projects! Love how Joyce used several sets for her first card. The cookies look yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for such a great opportunity at a wonderful giveaway...

    ReplyDelete