Tuesday, August 13, 2013

[Birthday Bash] A Rainbow of Happy Birthday

[Note: if you're looking for the Challenge #18 Winner's post, keep scrolling]

Hello Neat & Tangled friends! We are almost mid-way through our Birthday Bash. I hope you have been enjoying everything you have been seeing, because we have more to come.

Birthday Bash Q&A
Some of you guys asked about sequins inspiration. Keep reading to see one great example of sequin use!

Today I would like to introduce you to Shirley Bampton. She hails all the way from the UK and her work is stunning. See this card or this card? Just a few of my favorites. And if you need more reason check out who the Top Tangle is for this week ;) Yep...totally well deserved, wouldn't you say? Shirley will share a cute little birthday card and a great video to keep the Birthday fun going!


A couple of weeks ago I won the Neat & Tangled Everyday Circles stamp set and a pack of sequins from Danielle's Neat & Tangled July Release.  So I made this card and entered into the Little Tangles Into the Woods challenge (where it got an honourable mention), CASE Study #151 (where it got an honourable mention) and CAS-ual Fridays Count Me In (where it was a contender).  Triple whammy!!


I was doubly delighted when Ren-Yi asked me if I'd like to be a guest designer as part of the month-long birthday celebrations, so here's a birthday card to help Neat & Tangled celebrate their first year.


I'd been playing around with a coloured-ink version of this card, and when I came to ink the stamp again I picked up the black ink out of habit.  As soon as it touched the stamp I realised it was the wrong pad and immediately stamped it off onto spare paper, but decided I actually liked the grungy look it gave.  So don't adjust your screen, it is intentional!  I stamped and embossed the "birthday" in white on the black panel then mounted the white panel onto the black and wrapped some twine around the piece before mounting it onto the card stock.  I had a lovely time picking out the rainbow of colours from my sequin stash too!

A birthday bash isn't complete without music, and one song guaranteed to get the party going is this one.  Enjoy!



Be sure to keep visiting Neat & Tangled throughout August for fun and giveaways!

What do you think of that card? It had some pretty cool techniques: stamping off your ink to get a grundgier or lighter look; create a rainbow with your sequins. Ah, Shirley, you are an inspiration. Thanks for giving us some new ideas.

What are your favorite technique(s)? Share them with us below in the comments and I will draw a sequin-related prizes & perk in honor of this post. How about one random Little Tangles Prize of One Free Pack of Sequins and three random Little Tangles Perk (in honor of our inspiration today). How about Buy 4 Sequins, Get 1 Free? Winners announced on Thursday Aug 15.


Challenge Reminders
Party Favor Challenge - ends Aug 24; $5 gift certificate
The Un-birthday Birthday Challenge - ends Aug 20; Guest Designer Spot
Potluck Party Challenge - ends Aug 18; $5 gift certificate

I'll see you tomorrow with a new guest designer. Ta for now...

12 comments:

  1. wow great cards.. love the embossing on the first one.. looks cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie for shirley-bee. Doin' great things with N&T stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool cards tfs !! love the sequins thanks for more giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite stamping technique is heat embossing. It can be used so many ways for different looks. I like the shine too.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, and some great ideas! A few months ago, heat embossing and I were definitely not compatible, but over the last while, I decided to take another stab at forging a 'new' relationship. Now, LOVE heat embossing! I'm not good at it (need to work on how to use Versamark properly), but I'm persevering!! Thanks for the great give-away opportunities; those sequins are gorgeous!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if you mean sequin techniques or any kind of technique. One I have newly begun doing is shading the edges of my papers and cards for a distressed look. Also, shading a piece of patterned paper all over to better coordinate it with the colors I am using.
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just getting started using sequins & could really use some new ones. I love the border of them in a rainbow of colors--very eye-catching & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! My fave technique is paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fave card technique is heat embossing! I love how versatile embossing powders can be! I haven't tried sequins yet but they look very tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing Rainbow Pride

    ReplyDelete