Sunday, August 11, 2013

[Birthday Bash] How One-year Olds Celebrate Birthdays & Dreams Do Come True Card

[2013.08.11 - Sorry to everyone who was looking for this post; I accidentally scheduled this for 8p, but this is fixed now]

Hello again! How is the weekend going... any crafting planned? We do have a few challenges open... *hint hint* The more the merrier... and for those who have already participated, thanks so much! Chances are looking incredibly good for you! 

So let's round up the question by hearing from our final DT  member...

Birthday Bash Q&A
We are posting our last DT answer to this question. We will deal with a different set of questions later...

Happy Birthday, or rather Birthmonth! What a wonderful idea to celebrate all month long, and to share inspiration with us! My answer to your question: suggestions for 'must have' sets for those of us new to card-making, and who are looking for as much versatility as possible! Thanks for asking - and especially, for investing time, energy and creativity for this 'party'!

Charlene Bopp is giving her take today:



"I tend to go for stamps with sentiments and timeless figures to start.  Definitely Swirly Twirly Tags and Just Hello are my must-have sets.  The tags can be used to hold the sentiments, fill with fab Neat and Tangled sequins, stickers, or whatever your heart desires.  Imagine the possibilities!  It can be stamped or fussy cut then adhered onto a card...or use as a gift tag.  The sentiments in Just Hello are so versatile.  One could use "just saying hi", add "..." on the front of the card and write out "happy birthday" in the inside then dress it all up with some pattern papers or something. Can't forget about the other images on both sets:  the cute birdie maybe holding the envelope for a hello card...I guess I can go on and on with possibilities.  Just have fun crafting and let your creativity shine.  Hugs, Charlene"

Isn't Charlene full of great ideas? That reminds me that I need to add "Swirly Tags" to my order.

So today we're in for a fun take on birthdays and turning One. Katie from KB Stamps has such a great sense of humor and I had a chance to get to know her a little behind the scenes, as we were prepping for this post. And see how her creativity and talent allows her to get passed postman delivery dates and "unlucky timing" and still create an amazing, fun card for this.


Helllloooooooooooooooooo! Katie Brooks here from KBStamps.  I am so excited to be celebrating Neat & Tangled’s first Birthday by posting here on the Little Tangles Blog!  Woop!  Woop!  Congrats to Danielle and everyone (coordinators and DTs) over at N&T!!!  In fact…to celebrate their occasion…I just ordered some new N&T stamps and the birthday sequins just to be supportive (not about my addiction at all….wink!)  And did you see the freebie stamp that comes with stamp orders for August?!  I LURVE this stamp!



Really though, who doesn’t love a celebration?!  First birthdays are the best! One of my favorite things about first birthday’s is watching the one year old experience cake for the first time… I imagine that this is what N&T is feeling like right now….


pure bliss!  Minus the cranky part of course!  ;)

([Ren-Yi] This video keeps disappearing after embedding the code. So if that happens, go here)

I wanted to give N&T a little love with a card made especially for their first birthday.  Since I don’t have the Dreams stamp yet, I did my best attempt to free-style it.  Happy Birthday Neat & Tangled!!  Thanks for letting me play along!


Wow, that is a truly amazing. I can't believe you pulled that off. It's a one-off but different. Love it and thanks for going above and beyond, Katie

I truly love this stamp too and can't wait to get it inky. I am curious what phrase or sentiment you lovely readers would love Danielle to design. Leave a comment below with a suggestion, and who knows, maybe Danielle will design it. After all she looks for inspiration everywhere. I will pick a random winner to receive a Little Tangles Prize. How about this Dreams stamp set? Yea - I knew you would like it. For the rest of you I will award three Little Tangles Perks to the store. How about a "Buy 3 sets and receive a 4x6 stamp set free"? I will leave this one open until August 16.

Challenge Reminders
Party Favor Challenge - ends Aug 24; $5 gift certificate
The Un-birthday Birthday Challenge - ends Aug 20; Guest Designer Spot
Potluck Party Challenge - ends Aug 18; $5 gift certificate

Ready for tomorrow? See you back...

16 comments:

  1. Another wonderfully inspiring post! Just when I *think* I've decided on which stamp sets to order, more 'convincing recommendations' come along, so the list is becoming longer, and longer! Such fabulous selections! Katie's card: stunning!! The video is way tooo cute!! And now I have a chocolate cake craving! Thanks for adding sparkles to my day!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Katie - that's awesome what you did!!

    I would like to see "A very merry un-birthday to you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and video Katie! Love your stamp selections too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! As far as a sentiment goes, I would love a 'blesssed' stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for having me, truly a pleasure! Sentiment...hmmm....I've got no ideas, my brain is fried!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Other than "Happy Birthday", perhaps "Wishing you Happiness", "You are my Bliss" or "You are my Sunshine", or maybe just "my Bliss" or "my Sunshine" to mix & match with Kindness Matters & My Heart Sings?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or "today & always" to mix & match too?
    PS. LOVE Katie's card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling and artistic all the same time! Love Katie's work and this card is no exception! I love the distressed edges, color combo and layering details! Congrats on the guest design here, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, what an awesome card...I love what you've done!!! The colors are Perfect-o!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely stamp!
    I would love to see a sentiment stamp that said: "It's a good day to have a good day."

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about "Hope your day is wonderful".

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovin' you is easy cause you're beautiful or close to you - love the words to these songs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How about "A good friend means more than words can say."
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to see a "better late than never" sentiment for those like me who are always a bit belated :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the "dream" stamp. I'd would love to see "Your day just got brighter".

    ReplyDelete